The following is a list of reported members of The Aviary.
- BLUEJAY: Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green, MD, Ph.D., Chief, Biomedical Sciences Department, General Motors; former custodian of the CIA’s UFO files at the "Weird Desk"; received the National Intelligence Medal for his work on a classified project during the period of 1979-1983; recently reported to be White House UFO liaison.
- PELICAN: Ron Pandolfi, CIA Deputy Director for the Division of Science and Technology, and current custodian of UFO files at the "Weird Desk"; involved in the White House Initiative, as UFO liaison, to expedite (at Laurence Rockefeller’s behest) the release of UFO information to the public; and has been quietly leaking UFO information the past few years.
- OWL: Hal Puthoff, physicist with the Institute for Advanced research in Austin, TX who specializes in Zero-Point Energy, a quantum/resonance physics phenomenon with reported potential for above- unity ("free") energy; formerly an Stanford Research Institute (SRI) and reported DIA researcher, (along with psi guru and fellow Scientologist Ingo Swann,) into parapsychological, psychotronic, remote-viewing, and mind-control projects, and reportedly involved in classified ET-technology studies.
- RAVEN: (Identity not yet determined.) RAVEN appears to be a kingpin in The Aviary, and a Washington insiders’ guessing game has sprung up, as devotees of UFO intelligence data argue for the probable identity of their favorite "candidate". [Possible candidates:Henry Kissinger, Ph.D., Edward Teller, Ph.D.; General Brent Scowcroft.]
- PENGUIN: John Alexander (image right), Ph.D. in Death Sciences [Thanatology], Col., ("Ret."), U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), which is undoubtedly his military cover for the National Security Agency (NSA). Colonel Alexander is director of the Non-Lethal (sic) Weapons Department, Los Alamos National Laboratory [LANL], and has been reportedly involved in counter-intelligence remote-viewing, psychic-warfare, psychotronic and mind-control projects with military/security applications, while maintaining the cover of nonlethal military/crowd control physical-countermeasures research. Dr. Alexander has been serving as a Board Member, (along with INSCOM General Al Stubblebine and INSCOM Major Ed Dames), of PSI-Tech Corporation, involved in proprietary remote-viewing projects for hire.
2003 Update Note: Colonel John "Penguin" Alexander was spotted last year by this author at a "retired" intelligence officers dinner function at Sixth Army Headquarters, The Presidio, San Francisco. Alexander has gained considerable girth. The Death-Sciences Ph.D. was accompanied by his life-partner, Victoria Lacas, dressed as always in faux-Goth all-black, (which does nothing to dispel rumors circulating in the ufological community about reported interest in sorcery.) This author has been informed that Alexander is head of the Aviary, and that the Aviary is headquartered at Los Alamos.
This author has heard from a source that one or more members of the Aviary are believed to have been a party to MILABS operations, (rogue military-intelligence units’ kidnapping, interrogation, terrorizing, gang-raping, drugging, and hypnotic mind-control programming of innocent civilians, and then implanting a false post-hypnotic "memory" that the episode was an "alien abduction".)
- HAWK: Ernie Kellerstraus, security-cleared for UFO information, worked at Wright-Patterson AFB in the 1970’s, and is reported to have lived with a Star Visitor for a while; reported to have worked with Dale Graff (*HARRIER*?) and Captain Bob Collins (CONDOR), Air Force Intelligence, to supply UFO information to widely-suspected disinformation operative and self-styled ufologist William Moore.
- (Bird name unknown, [PARTRIDGE?]): Jacques Vallee (image right), Ph.D., formerly an astrophysicist with GEPAN, the French Goverrnment’s UFO investigative agency, later moved to U.S. as principal investigator with Defense Department computer network projects; worked with famed astronomer Dr. J. Allen Hynek who left and denounced the military’s Project Blue Book as a disinformational smokescreen; prolific author on UFO subject, lately turning to metaphysical explanations for the phenomenon.
- SEAGULL: Bruce Maccabee, Ph.D., research scientist in optical physics and laser weapons applications at the U.S. Naval Surface Weapons Lab, MD; MUFON physics/photo-interpretive consultant, and prolific author and consultant expert on selected "leaked" or disinformational UFO cases/topics, such as the Gulf Breeze-Ed Walters alleged UFO photos, the Canadian "Carp UFO" hoaxed "incident", and the documented repeat UFO landings at the hyper-secure Manzano Canyon Facility at Kirtland AFB/Sandia National Laboratories-Military Reservation.
- CHICKADEE: Cmdr. C.B. Scott Jones, Ph.D., USN (Ret.), former officer with the Office of Naval Intelligence and other Agencies; with 30 years service in U.S. Intelligence overseas; involved in government research and development projects for the Defense Nuclear Agency (DNA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) and other organizations; former Senate aide to Sen. Claiborne Pell, who has had a long-standing interest in UFOs and the paranormal, *and has tried to get Congressional Hearings held on UFOs; President, Human Potential Foundation; and "point-man" for Laurence Rockefeller on UFO matters, currently tasked to contact world leaders concerning upcoming public announcements of UFO/ET reality; recently convened the May, 1995 Washington, D.C. "When Cosmic Cultures Meet International Conference".
- CONDOR: Capt. Bob Collins, USAF (Ret.), Special Agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, engaged in UFO-related intelligence operations; reportedly appeared clandestinely on 1988 Kodak-produced network television (dis-)information program "UFO Cover-Up Live", where Collins, *reportedly* along with "former" CIA contract employee and current UFO-conferences disinformation lecturer, John Lear, presented accounts of alien autopsies, UFO retrievals, and the government’s awareness about UFOs and ET presence.
- FALCON: Sgt. Richard "Dick" Doty, USAF (Ret.), Special Agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, reported to have engaged in UFO disinformation projects, including reportedly hoaxing TV producer Linda Moulton Howe concerning availability of a tape showing a UFO landing at Holloman Air Force Base, NM; and of allegedly waging psychological warfare on Albuquerque defense electronics contractor Paul Bennewitz, concerning Bennewitz’s electronic monitoring of UFO activity around Kirtland AFB/Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, reportedly causing/exacerbating a mental breakdown in Mr. Bennewitz. Reportedly, FALCON claims to have seen the Roswell Alien Autopsy film (shown worldwide August 28, 1995) some time ago at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- (bird-name unknown [SPARROW(?)]: William Moore, USAF (Ret.), Special Agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations; prolific UFO "author"; reportedly publicly admitted at a MUFON Conference to being an Air Force Intelligence operative involved in UFO-related disinformation projects.
- HARRIER(?): Dale Graff, UFO-related technology specialist [alleged by Smith, Guiley, etc. to be a genuine DIA "Dark Side" bad-boy -B:.B:.] reported by Dan Smith (cf. infra) to be head of the "military" UFO Working Group at Los Alamos National Laboratory; rumored to be involved in psychotronic and ESP programs at Los Alamos; formerly was contracts overseer for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base; then was chief of the DIA's Defense Technology/Special Programs department, before reportedly being fired by the DIA. Currently Graff is reported to be in contact with the human designate who communicates with an extraterrestrial residing near Washington, DC in a subterranean facility.
- NIGHTINGALE(?): Jack Verona, shadowy liaison between Capitol Hill and Los Alamos National Laboratory, before having recently 'disappeared'; reportedly Dale Graff's supervisor: formerly involved in Project Sleeping Beauty, which researched ways to disable enemy "target" personnel using directed precise-frequency radiated electromagnetic-energy fields. (According to Dan Smith, NIGHTINGALE is not Jack Verona, but rather may be George Wingfield, a British UFO researcher, who has established a reputation as a careful reporter of crop circle formations, UFO information, and, most recently, the disappearance in 1993 of a U.S. carrier destroyer during NATO sea exercises, during which a number of member countries' ships patrolled to find reported huge carrier-sized Unidentified Submerged Objects (USOs), which raced underwater at astounding speeds. Arguing against Mr.Wingfield being NIGHTINGALE is the fact that after Wingfield disclosed the U.S. destroyer's disappearance at a Nevada UFO Congress in December, 1994, he was beat up outside the conference hall by two goons and told to shut up his mouth.)
- WOODPECKER(?): Jaime Shandera, a small-time Hollywood film producer, who reportedly is associated with William Moore. Shandera alleged that he had mysteriously received film containing the "MJ-12 documents" at his door one day from source(s) unknown. (Moore is considered by some to be the author of the MJ-12 disinformation papers.) Shandera was featured on the 1989 Kodak Television UFO documentary, 'UFO Cover-Up Live'. Shandera is reported to be, along with Scott Jones and Dan Smith, one of the theologically-oriented and pro-UFO-disclosure "Progressives" among the Aviary.
AVIARY AFFILIATES AUXILIARY
Besides the main members of The Aviary, ancillary helpers *reportedly* exist who are more or less "witting" of the purposes and membership of The Aviary, and choose to participate in a variety of supporting roles.
- (Bird name unknown, [BUZZARD?]): Gordon Novell, reportedly a free-lance enforcer involved in Zero Point Energy programs, and tied to Bob Bigelow, a shadowy Las Vegas casinos operator, who reportedly is investigating alleged ET energy technology and titanium aluminide mettalurgy for their investment potential. Bigelow has created a "National Institute for Discovery Science" (NIDS) to direct a group of UFO technology-insider scientists. He has also reportedly acquired land south of Fort Duschene, Utah to operate a cattle ranch and study alleged cattle mutilations clustered there.
- CHICKEN LITTLE: Dan Smith, civilian UFO researcher/volunteer interlocutor between source(s) within the Central Intelligence Agency, the Congressional Intelligence Committees and the civilian UFO researchers. Smith continually exchanges information with and networks the key UFO researchers, serves as their interlocutor, and shares their and his own findings with his source(s) at CIA and Capitol Hill.